Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fat Tuesday!

So Fat Tuesday is most definitely one of the best days of the year. It's a day where you can throw it all out the window and say to hell with it! Give me calories, sugar, and whatever else I can stuff in my face, because beginning tomorrow and for forty days from then, it's strictly off limits.

How did I celebrate such a big day?? With 5 Guys of course! We bundled up Sophia and my brother, sis in law, and I hiked out to our brand new 5 Guys for the world's BEST burger. Honestly, I hate burgers, and I rarely eat red meat... but this was the bomb!! Best Fat Tuesday EVER!!

So what's in store for tomorrow? One of my biggest vices is cereal, I'm so totally addicted! Put a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch in front of me and it'll be gone! So, I'm giving it up. 40 days and 40 nights cereal free, it'll definitely be a challenge!

I was looking into ways to take it another step further so I logged onto the Team First Endurance website for some suggestions. They have some really great nutrition programs that are backed by science and are pretty cutting edge. I decided to try their gluten free diet. Check it out at www.team.firstendurance.com under their programs tab. It's three days on, three days off, starting tomorrow. I've gone gluten free before IMKY '08 and not only raced my best, but felt my very best! I had more energy, clear skin, and no belly issues on my runs.

So tomorrow, It's on! Until then... Happy Fat Tuesday!

No comments: