Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Guess Who's???

Can you guess who's kankles these are? I'll give you a hint, Sean's are the pair on the right side (considered the control group). Give up? They are my beyond preggers sister-in-law Katie's!! Thankfully I consider Katie to fit more of the 'sister' than the 'in-law' role so she was kind enough to let me photograph this little nugget of history.

Sean and Katie are expecting their first baby (Sophia Margaret) and she's due in less than two weeks!!! When they went in to their weekly checkup the Doc mentioned that her feet we among the worst he's seen! They are fun to laugh at and poke to see how long the fingerprint stays, but I can only imagine how much they hurt :-(

Good luck Kater-Potater Toes!! In just a few short weeks you'll know why it was worth it!!

While Katie is suffering from swollen kankles, I've been sidelined with swollen snot head. I have, yet again, another sinus infection! I didn't bother with the Doc because I just got off my last Z Pack less than a month ago, so below is my new daily ritual...
Ahhhh, the Neti! This beautiful device was introduced to me by my also-snot-faced brother (apparently good sinuses run in the family... not). The watering can for your nose goes in one nostril and empties out the other, bringing with it my goopy face inhabitants. It's a party.

I still sound like a creepy old man, but at least I'm able to sort-of workout. Yesterday I spun on the trainer for a whopping 25 minutes and felt faint the entire time. My Dad finally called and asked if I wanted to go out to lunch, which sounded to me like the perfect excuse to call it quits. Today I got in a decent swim. Every breath was followed by a hackly cough (gross I know, but at least I don't spit it out in the water!). Slowly but surely, we're making a comeback.

We've got a beautiful week ahead and I hope to get some good ridin' in horse country!! I got a sweet new camera for my birthday so hopefully some good photogs will follow. Train on homies!!

4 comments:

Regina said...

Wow, do those legs bring back memories. I'm new to your blog; left one other comment in an old post.

If it's any consolation, and I am sure it is not, that nasty sinus thing is even crippling people here on the east coast. It doesn't seem to ever want to leave either.

Btw, thanks for the visual on the "nose drainer", nothing beats snot for entertainment (coming from the mom of a three year old)! Here's hoping you feel better!!

Samantha said...

I've tried the neti pot before. My nose/sinuses were so bad that it wouldn't come out the other side. Not a pleasant experience. Hope you feel better soon.
Sam

Jennifer Cunnane said...

I hope you get better soon - I have had more sinus infections than anyone I know and even better than the neti pot - try the grossan hydro pulse sinus irrigation system (its like a water pick for your nose). Sounds awful, but not bad and works even better than the neti - trust me I have tried everything!!

Sherry said...

Awww... poor BOTH of you!

Nasal irrigation! I did a lot of it over the winter. Had very good luck with the NeilMed Sinus rinse. It works like a Neti pot (up one side, out the other), but you don't have to do all of the head tilting, etc... The bottle is designed to shoot it straight on up. Easier to use.

Feel better soon!