Monday, December 28, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Let me get you up to speed. Since the last post I have moved into my new place, gotten settled into my new job, partnered up with a bomb new local tri shop, and survived Christmas. The New Year is less than one week away so naturally I feel compelled to reflect on the year...

This time last year I had just graduated and I was gearing up to move to Florida to pursue a lifestyle that consisted of swimming, biking, and running. I learned a lot from the 10 weeks I spent down south: I realized that I want to live close to my family, and that I can serve a greater purpose. I came home, got a great job counseling others to lead healthier lives, and planted my feet firmly in KY. So, you ask, what's next?

My resolutions for 2010 are to:
  • Grow as a triathlon coach: I've partnered with some amazing friends who are starting VO2 Multisport, a local tri shop to offer coaching and personal training services. This sport evolves everyday and I hope to attend seminars, advance my certifications, and gain a few more along the way.
  • Stay on top of this darned blog!! I love to write about my trials and experiences and learn about you readers along the way. I'll post more pictures and regular updates of my clumsy, often comedic adventures.
  • Become more adventurous: This year is about trying new things and branching out. I got into a rut last year, training for the same races in the same way and getting the same results. This year is all about changing it up: racing all new races, dabbling in ultra runs, adventure races, hike more, try new training theories... learn to embrace new adventures.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! Train on.

No comments: