Thursday, October 29, 2009

Schooled by a Two Year Old

I used to love playgrounds! Whenever I'd find a new one it was easy to transform it into my own little fantasy world of pirate ships and molten lava pits... don't act like you're not following. I could spent hours on the tire swing, merry go round, monkey bars and balance beam. I would go home after hours of playing, covered in dirt and not the least bit worn out.


So I was pretty pumped to take my 2 year old niece to the coolest playground on the island and revert back to the good ol' days when my biggest worry was how many times I could cross the monkey bars. But that feeling was stomped on pretty quickly. Do you know what happens to adults on tire swings?? They get nauseous. And even when my life depends on it to cross the monkey bars over the bubbling lava pit, I couldn't pull it off. My playground time was pretty much a failure. And everything I tried to do, my little niece did it ten times better.

When did I become such an old lady! It's sad. So tomorrow, I'm going back, and I'm not leaving until I cross the lava pit without committing a painful suicide. Here's to being a kid again!

1 comment:

Regina said...

I have a three year old, I am all too aware of my playground limitations at my advanced age. I nearly threw my back out on the slide a couple of weeks ago.

More recently my son took a header into the coffee table. He was building a bridge with pillows to get from the couch to the coffee table. I asked if he was trying to avoid the sharks and crocodiles? He said yes. I remember the same game as a child. Funny how some ideas never change.