Friday, October 9, 2009

Big Island

I didn't think I wanted it, and I didn't think it would hurt this bad (get you minds out of the gutter!). Kona has come and gone and whenever I think about the race I feel as if I'm being punched in the chest. Last year I didn't get this feeling. But this year it's different. This year all my friends are there, swimming in my favorite place in the entire universe, telling me all about the heat, the ripped up bodies! It really, truly hurts to think about.

I so badly want to shake everyone that was there who says they're disappointed with their performance!! Oh bologna!! I would have given a kidney to be there and you're complaining that your sock was on funny. There was a double above the knee amputee out there looking Pele right in her eyes. Amazing feats are accomplished out there, and to be a part of it is no small achievement. Get over yourself and embrace how hard you've worked and how far you've come, because this opportunity is not one that's just handed out.

Congrats to all of my dear friends and training partners. Two ironmans in six weeks, enough said. Train on.