Monday, October 5, 2009

In my head

Saturday's run was one of the most enjoyable runs I've been on all year. I teamed up with Mighty Mouse Kelli Miller, who doesn't know the words 'quit' or 'back-off', for a 16 miler. The goals for the run were to stay in the moment and hold a steady pace. Here's a recap of the day...

Hi Kelli!!, start the watch, feels fast, too dark to see my pace, 1 mile beep marker, Larry's already done 15 and still going, legs are heavy, ouch first hill, dang it's a pretty morning, warming up and feeling better, my stomach hurts, Hi Larry!!, he's flying at mile 20, sweet a gas station let's stop, no bathrooms! what a joke, I love that Kelli's doing all the talking, stay focused, strong up the hill, you're breathing way too hard, savior! gas station numbero 2 and it's open, I'll be right back, ahh much better, flat roads from here, this is hard, mile 5 beep marker, good idea let's run to Indiana, downhill, weeee, damn tree limbs, back in the rhythm, Uncle Pete!!, stop the watch for a hug, back on our way, downtown smells funny, it's too sunny I can't see anything, stay strong, stay focused, I see the bridge!, not so bad, that river has a whole new meaning, hellooooo Indiana!, man what a gorgeous day, mile 8 beep marker, Holla!! Half Way done, one more hour, you can do anything for one more hour!, my stomach hurts, hmmm, no wonder it was so easy to cross over the bridge, we have a huge headwind heading back in to Louisville, this is hard, Yes! I'd love to stop at the Marriott for water, mmm breakfast smells good, on our way back, I'm hungry and my legs are heavy, get your rhythm, stay focused, you're doing great, dang! downtown really smells funky, almost back to Grinstead, where did this huge hill come from, hold your form, will it ever end, ahh! made it to the top, Grinstead!, feeling great, ohh, not so great, hold it together, water break, 3 more miles, you can do anything for a little 5k, made it to the parks, stay focused, it hurts, out of Cherokee, just two more little hills, running strong, it's such a beautiful day, I wish I would have brought my sunnies, OK, I'm going to die now, I feel like my knees will buckle soon, we'll stop for Kelli's gloves she dropped, just make it to the gloves, just make it to the gloves, ouch this hill sucks, strong to the top, I said STRONG to the top, you aren't a power walker move your arse!, Done! now where are her gloves, gloves!! quick walk break, so much for a walk break, go catch Kelli, last 1.25 miles, I can do anything for 1.25 miles, don't slow down!, it hurts, my legs are slowing down, dig deeper!!, Heeyy! Thank goodness you honked at me, I needed to snap back into it, last mile, I hate this climb back to the park, hold your pace, last mile, woooow, you're way off pace, move your ass girl!, this hill is the worst, I'm going to faceplant and everyone will see me, stay focused, hold your form, your back on pace, David!!! Hi!!, wow, he totally picked me up, made it to the overpass!!, Holla!! So close to being home free!, go go goooo, .2 miles left, I can't breathe, sprint!!, .1 mile left, faster, faster!!, 16.00, stop and walk, ahhhh, such relief, Dunzo!

Thanks Kelli, you kicked my arse!

1 comment:

Regina said...

Sweet. That is quite the conversation. Thanks for taking me along for the ride and letting me get off without doing any work.