Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Sickies

This week has been slooooooow slow! I dug myself into a hole this weekend after attempting to run a half marathon while sick and on an injured foot. This week, I'm paying the consequences.

I've been laying around since Sunday drinking green tea and icing my foot. I can't complain though, compared to how I felt on Saturday I now feel like a new person. It still sounds like someone is covering my ears whenever anyone talks to me, and every now and then something gross coughs up from my throat, but I'm not longer walking into walks or losing my breath after climbing up stairs.

As for the foot, still hurts :-( I water jogged yesterday for all of 10 minutes and got so bored that I just started swimming without really realizing it. I've been icing, stretching, massaging, adviling, and doing single leg bosu squats daily so this silly setback doesn't rear its ugly head again. Man! Where's Bridg the Miracle Worker when I need her!! I've never had to deal with silly injuries on my own because the world's best physical therapist lives in Louisville and is a great friend!! If you live in Louisville, take advantage of Bridgid's knowledge and expertise! She'll get you up and running in no time.

The biking and swimming are coming along quite well! I'm finally seeing my times drop in the water and I'm sometimes holding on to the super bikers I ride with (not really, but at least I'm keeping them in eyesight).

Stay safe and stay strong, until next time!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Aw, Monica... this season has produced some seriously wicked colds. As you know I was fighting one for nearly 3 weeks when we last spoke. Thanks to a quick trip up to NJ this past weekend, I now have either a new cold OR the one that I've been fighting has returned full-force. When will it end?!?

Take good care of yourself. BTW, how much time do you have left in FL?