Monday, February 16, 2009

Update...

Well hello! Long time no see! I've been pretty lame about updating the blog; things have been busy/sick/pooped/whatever. So here's the update on the past weekish...
  • Last Tuesday rode the hills of San Antonio for 4.5 hours and felt great! Went for an hour t-run because my foot wasn't bothering me (started hurting after the Saturday trail run).

  • Wednesday woke up: foot felt great, had a head and chest cold :-(

  • Thursday: Camp #2 started!! SUPER fun group of athletes, 2 were randomly from Kentucky!!
  • Saturday: really feeling the sickies!! Felt horrible all day long! BUT my wonderful Valentine brought me the best gift I could ever ask for, a heart shaped COOKIE CAKE!! Oh man I feel better already! (Thanks Heather, that totally made my day!)
  • While it appears that I'm shoving my fist down my throat, I'm really just politely eating with a knife.

  • Sunday: 4:00am wake up call (which I hear is really good if you're feeling under the weather) for the Sarasota Half Mary. Felt good during the warm up, but realized before mile 2 that this was a bad idea. Ran easy through the finish; after crossing the line my foot and head were both throbbing to the point where I thought it may just feel better if they explode.

  • Brings me to today: slept in (finally!) for a full 12 hours!! Taking it easy for the next few days to get back up to par!

This morning I finally decided to register for IM Brazil!! I was on the fence for the longest time because it's the same weekend as my brother and sister-in-law are due to deliver their first baby (Princess Sophia!!), but after having a heart-to-heart with them, and with myself regarding my goals for the year, I came to realize this is an opportunity I cannot pass by. So we are officially in Ironman training mode!


I'll be better about the updates!! We don't have another camp until March so now my priorities are on getting well and back into the daily grind. Until next time!

2 comments:

tribeaner said...

Congrats on signing up for IM Brasil! Can't wait to follow your training!!

Sherry said...

Aw, Monica... you looked so pooped when I saw you on Saturday. I hope you didn't catch whatever I have. It's been THREE weeks! Argh!

Huge Congrats on registering for IM Brazil! So exciting! Like Kristen said, I'm definitely looking forward to following your training.

Hope you feel better soon!