Friday, April 17, 2009

Chi-town

Since I got back in town from Florida I haven't made it two weeks without packin' up and heading somewhere else for a weekend. Two weeks ago I was in New Orleans, in two more weeks I'll be in St. Croix, and today I'm headed to Chicago. I love to travel but I feel like I'm living out of a suitcase!!

Myself and a few training partners are headed to Chi-town to shoot two Spinervals videos. I'm not quite sure what they were thinking (or what I was thinking for that matter) when I was invited; typically when I ride the trainer I dress like a damn fool and look like I'm going to vomit then die, and now it's going to be recorded. Lovely.

I finally made it outside for a ride yesterday! The forecasted sunny 60+ degree day was rainy and cold, but I was in good company. We rode the IM loop plus some. My goal was to pull like a banshee for the first half and then chase the other smarter riders for the second. It was fun and felt so good to climb again. The t-run, however, was not as joyful. The only company I had for it were the squirrels who scared the piss out of me when they scurried through the woods as I ran by. I felt the monster blister on my foot pop and my groin was so tight I couldn't run straight. Fun times were had.

All jokes aside, I've been feeling pretty good and am looking forward to the season ahead. There are so many awesome athletes training for IMKY here that it makes it hard not to want to workout. Train on homies.

No comments: