Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter!

Easter has come and gone leaving me about 20 pounds heavier after inhaling Mom's french toast casserole. Life doesn't get much better than french toast casserole. After brunch we went out for an Easter egg hunt. You can pretty easily spot me and my brothers, when it comes to the Easter egg hunt we mean business.


This week has been weird. Not good weird or bad weird, just weird. A few days ago when I thought my head would float away I decided against the trek to Brazil for Ironman; the timing just isn't right. I booked my plans for St. Croix but with totally different expectations than originally anticipated, and I also registered for a few different races and revamped the whole 09 race season. I needed a change.

Now I'm feeling much more myself and quite relieved to have removed the weight of a big race so soon. AND in even cooler news, I'll be around for Sophia's 0st Birthday!

My soon to be niece is breached, which is fine right now but she better start flipping soon. So Sean and I googled some brilliant ideas and made poor Katie try them out.


My mom was also there to show her support

They didn't work.

I haven't gotten outside once this week to ride, I think that's why I'm so antsy. I'm trying to find the motivation to hop on the trainer then onto the treadmill, but this rain and grey and yuck makes nap time so inviting. Tomorrow is 2.5 hours of Goshen Hill repeats followed by more of Goshen Hill on foot. I'm actually really excited for it and will be there rain or shine. Off to have a party on the trainer!

1 comment:

cheryl said...

Hi Monica - it was good seeing you at NewOrleans. Sounds like you are settling happily back into life back home in Louisville. Maybe I'll see you at another race this year. Heck , maybe I can even come down to Louisville some day for a training day and get my butt kicked a little (or a lot).

Cheryl (Bloomington, IN)