Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Super Star

The Chicago trip was sooo much fun! I drove up late on Friday with Aimee and met the others for a drink in the hotel lobby. We got up early to get primped and prepped for out big shoot (who am I kidding... we got up early to eat!).

Call was a t 11:00, and we were scheduled to be on our bikes at 12:30. Around 1:00 they finally called us in to record our intros. Leave it to me to be uber creative... it went a little something like this, "Hi I'm Monica from Louisville, KY. I'm a personal trainer and triathlete." I know, it's genius.

1:45 I'm on my bike and starving!! We'd been sitting around for so long waiting and none of us thought we'd have time to grab a bite.

We are told that the video is a 90 minute aero-base and we're not stopping for a break since they were running behind. I thought for sure that I'd be the jackass who had to pee and hold up the whole production, little did I know I'd sweat so much in the first 10 minutes that I wouldn't have to go for the next three days!! They turned off the AC because the sound was picking up in the mics. Thanks, I love the smell of 25 sweaty men in a small, stagnant room.

OK, so we hit 90 minutes. I'm totally dying, I'm drenched, I can't wait to stand and stretch. This was not aero-base at all. I was in a daze thinking about burritos and chips and salsa, when I hear Troy call the next set. For real? We're at 90 minutes and half the class is slumped over on their bikes? We're going longer? I look up, obviously shocked and see the crew smiling at me to keep my head up and smile back. I didn't sign up for this.

2 hours of riding and I was done. I have never ever worked so hard on the trainer! They sent out pictures from the day, I wasn't in any and I'm pretty sure it's because I looked remarkably similar to death.

All in all, fun times were had. We celebrated at On The Border with margaritas and burritos, well worth it!

No comments: