Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Power of Powder

I'm out of Carbo Pro. So plain ol' water and Roctane were on board for my 4 hour ride today. It started strong with a few good intervals, but 2 hours into it I had to bag it before I fell over on the side of the road. Plain ol' water just doesn't work the same as when it's filled with magic powder. I managed to pedal into Starbucks for a scone and Vivanno which gave me just enough energy to make it home. Now, I feel totally trashed! Looks like I'm off to the grocery (aka the Gollnick's garage) to buy some good stuff and try again on Thursday. Until then, lots of food and rest are in order.

This past weekend was my last in Florida :-( Friday I headed to Tampa to visit family for the day. Seeing everyone made me more excited to get back to Louisville! Eva, my almost 1 yr old niece, is a pistol! When I left town she couldn't walk, now she runs around with my oversized purse!!
Saturday was a long ride with Jeff and Kelli (also in town from the Ville) and a long/painfree run on Sunday (first successful run in quite some time!). There were also a few swims, t-runs, and open water sessions thrown in there to make it one jam packed weekend.

I happened to be watching the news on Sunday evening and saw the Discovery was launching. I thought, 'I wonder if I can see it from my window'. Below was my view... it was pretty cool.

My Mama arrives in town tomorrow and I cannot WAIT to see her!! We're going to spend two days on the beach drinking cocktails, which will probably turn into her watching me swim laps in Siesta while we both chug water and get sunburns, but none-the-less I'm getting some much needed mom time.

Happy St. Patty's Day!! I don't have any green beer but I've eaten a bowl of Lucky Charms... that's gotta count for something! Peace out.






No comments: