Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Rundown

My weak lil ankles are making a comeback... this week's run volume consisted of 30 painfree miles!! Nowhere near where I should be right now, but it's a step in the right direction, so I'm pretty pumped.

Our last camp of the season wrapped up on Sunday and we definitely went out with a bang! The Sheriff decided to pay us a few visits, the spring breakers on Siesta were pretty excited to see 'Navy SEALs' training as we showed up in wetsuits, one kid even tried a sneaky move to steal from our bags but was caught redhanded, and we had a rider clip a wheel and go down (fortunatley no major injuries). It was a long weekend... but one that won't be remember for the incidents, rather remembered for the athletes. These campers were the bomb. Hands down. I've met some great friends and learned something from everyone.

Sadly and happily I'm returning home soon. I'm sad to leave Florida, the great people, and the amazing weather. I'm super pumped to see my family, friends, and a homecooked meal!! I've got about a week and a half left and I'll be sure to make the most of it. Off for some run intervals...

1 comment:

Sherry said...

It was so nice seeing you again on Friday... so GLAD to see you up and running!

Enjoy your final days in FL. :o)