Thursday, July 9, 2009

Muncie Endurathon

I was originally scheduled to be on a plane bound for Providence, RI today to race the 70.3. But after some careful consideration I decided to nix those plans and go have some fun with good friends in the much more exciting town of Muncie, IN. Muncie is a fast, flat course with home-cooking at the finish line (crucial in deciding which races to do).

New Orleans was a crap race and I hated every minute of it. St. Croix was a fun race, as always, and a decent one compared to last year, but in no way was it the confidence boost I was looking for to know that the hard work was paying off. I needed to do a race for myself that was fun AND strong, so hopefully this weekend is my ticket. I'll be surrounded to by great friends, teammates, and family. And for the first time this year I'm excited to get out there!!

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will" - Gandhi. My will has been missing since early in the year, I'm looking forward to digging deep to find it. Bring on the pain, and good luck to everyone racing this weekend!!

No comments: