Saturday, November 15, 2008

Clearwater Part Deux :-)

The Gollnick's dropped me off in Clearwater on Thursday night. Friday morning started fairly early when myself, Jon, Justin, and Jill (all Team USA buddies) got some breakfast on the beach and headed down to do a practice swim.

The water was freezing, but the energy and electricity in the air made it worth the walk! Tons of people were swimming and watching, the pros and top coaches were everywhere, and all the major sponsors were present... that's when it hit that I was at the World Championships! The vibe brought back memories of Kona, sans the nerves... this was going to be fun.

We practiced running into the water, which was hilarious! This was my first Aussie-start race and I dove in way, way too early. Lying on my belly on a sandbar, I realized I needed a lot of practice :-)

The swim was followed by an easy ride, and t-run. I cleaned up, packed my bags, and rode my bike to the expo to meet William again for his magic work. He had just finished working on Richie Cunningham so I was hoping some of his speed would rub off on me (as it turned out... it didn't :-) ).

OK, so the massage is done, the bags are turned in, th bike is racked for the night, transition has been walked through (and memorized because I'm obsessive). Good to go!!

No comments: