Monday, November 24, 2008

Off-season Completed

Believe me I fully understand the importance of an off season. My '08 race schedule started early and I've pretty much been "in-season" for 12 months straight. Clearwater was my last big race of the year which was two weeks ago.

So these last two weeks are supposed to be pure bliss: no structure, eat whatever I want, workout when I feel like it, go out with the friends I've been blowing off all year... I had been looking forward to these two weeks for quite some time now.

So here we are, two weeks into my off-season: I've gone out to the bars, eaten the pizza, didn't workout when I was tired... and I'm sick of it!! I'm ready to scream!! I'm sooo ready to get back at it, to hammer in the pool (ha, don't get the wrong impression. I'm still a snail in the water but when I splash around it makes me at least feel fast) and on the roads. I'm done with the off-season!

So, today, I decided it was officially over. Time to start training. I wrote a plan for the next few months (not sure what coach thinks about that yet ;-) ) and started back at it... it feels good to move again.

So, what am I training for? Good question... as of now the still very tentative schedule is a half marathon in Miami in January, the MIT in March, New Orleans 70.3 in April, St. Croix 70.3 in May, then we'll re-evaluate.

I'll let you know how my first week of training goes... until then!

No comments: