Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Recap

Looking back, this past year has been a whirlwind! 2 full Ironmans, 4 half's, successfully launched Iron Endurance, and in three short weeks I'll have my MBA!

While things may not have panned out exactly as planned, my year couldn't have turned out more perfect. I didn't make Kona this time around, but it allowed me to focus on Clearwater and truly enjoy the 70.3 experience.

I had the opportunity to meet and train with some of triathlons greats this year including: Paula Newby, Paul Huddle, Roch Frey, Jimmy Riccatelo, Michellie Jones, and of course Heather Gollnick. I have met some amazing and inspiring athletes that make my hard work and training look easy.

I ended the season with a new Ironman PR (11:08) and a new half iron PR (4:56)... so where do we go from here?

In 2009 I'll be done with school so I'll be able to refocus my priorities to 1)developing as a triathlete and 2) building Iron Endurance.

My focus next year is Kona!! I'll try a few early season qualifiers so I'll have time to recover and rebuild for October. I've qualified for and accepted my slot on Team USA, so if all works out I'll fly from Kona World Champs to Perth, Australia for Long Course World Champs. I also want to start racing for a cause, so I partnered with Ironman for Autism to raise awareness and funds for autism research (more details to come).

I hope to offer much more comprehensive packages for my athletes next year. Myself and Heather have launched Team Louisville, she's put together three great spring camps that I'll be helping with, and we're in the works of developing a series of lectures and clinics throughout the summer!!

It was quite an amazing year, but looking to next year I see bigger and better opportunities!! Train on.

No comments: