Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Dunzo!!

It's Wednesday night and I just got home from my very last class as an MBA student at Bellarmine!! All of my classmates are out partying at Shenanigan's but I have a swim date in the morning so I'm left in front of my computer to reflect on the journey...

I remember being in orientation 2.5 years ago and having to say an interesting fact about myself. I was so excited to share that I was getting ready to compete in my very first Ironman (IM Wisconsin '06). No one in the room, including myself, had any idea what the race was about and how it would change me.

To date I've finished five Ironman's and have completely fallen in love with the sport. These past few years have been filled with variety: I've worked in corporate development, earned my real estate license, received my personal trainer and tri coach certifications, and started my coaching company; and through all the change the one aspect that remained a rock in my crazy life is racing triathlon.

People ask if I'm excited/relieved to be completed... and graduating with honors I might add ;-). While I am super excited, I'm also kinda bummed to say goodbye to my Monday and Wednesday nights at the Business School (aka the library). I had so much fun in the program (I know... I'm a huge nerd), and while this chapter has come to an end it's an experience I'll never forget.

AND, I promise next time I'll tackle to most annoying question... "So what do you plan on doing with your MBA?" But for now I'll leave you with my smart-ass answer I've been handing out, "Well, in this thriving economy I plan to distribute my resume amongst major corporations and leave them to bid for the most competitive salary". Duh, have you not noticed gas prices? Or the unemployment rates? Or the fact that we're shutting down parks because our city, much less our nation, is battling one of the most devastating recessions we've ever seen? Yup! This is the time to go job hunting. Until next time ;-)

No comments: