Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Murphy Family Christmas

Shewwwy! It's New Year's Eve and I'm writing about Christmas, ha! I'm so cool.

Christmas at the Murphy house isn't meant for the weak. It's a full 48 hours of food, wine, church, food, Rock Band, gifts, food, Wii, dance offs, and lots of food. Eating actually makes up about 24 of our 48 hour get together. Christmas meal alone consists of appetizers and vino, then a sit down antipasto, main course number 1 of ravioli (mmm, homemade sauce!), main course number 2 of pork tenderloin and veggies, then the salad (we're Italian, it comes last), then a Wii break, and finally the coffee/dessert/gross panetone. It's a lot! It's actually quite overwhelming! But I sooo love Christmas because our whole family comes together.

This Christmas has really helped me to fully appreciate the Murphy crew. We are all so close, and thanks to Christopher and his orange pants, we make up one smokin' hot band!

Christmas this year has been amazing!! Not so much because of the super cool gifts Santa brought me (don't get me wrong, they are SUPER cool), but because something made me realize just how lucky I am. I would really only trade Sean in if I could for someone less farty... just kidding, I know you read this :-) Seriously though, my family is the bomb and they made my holiday!

Buon Natale and Happy New Year (don't know how to day that in Italian).

No comments: