Wednesday, January 21, 2009

BLIZZARD!

Oh poo! I packed the Louisville cold in my suitcase and brought it with me to Florida!! Yesterday temps dropped to a whopping 50 (gasp), and all the locals stood out in their down coats and parkas. The grocery was a madhouse and chatter of snow filled every overheard conversation. Abby's (the 14 year old daughter) track practice was even cancelled as they took shelter indoors and stretched in the gym instead.

I took advantage of the dreary weather and used it as my only off day for the next two weeks. While it wasn't Kentucky cold, the wind here is no joke. I almost lost a limb to a runaway shopping cart in Target's parking lot!

G got back in town today from her amazing win in Chile. Read the story at ironman.com; she's definitely an animal and a fighter when there's a number stamped on her arm. After a swim in the the outdoor pool (I'll admit it, my ears almost froze off) I came back and waited to hook up with Heather for an easy ride. Should've known, she opted for the trainer :-) so I finished out my day with a gym session and some laundry (had to call my mom first to make sure I didn't screw it up... so far so good).

Tomorrow the real training begins, and the next two weeks I'm told are high volume weeks. I've got a long run and ride tomorrow, swim/ride Friday, can't remember Saturday, and a half marathon in Tampa and swim on Sunday!! I'll keep you posted! Until then I'm lacing up the snow boots and going out for sushi :-)

No comments: